Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Step away from the kitchen Michelle


The kitchen is not really a place where i express my strengths. In fact, i am rather useless at cooking. I have been vegetarian for 17 years and am considered to be a "fussy." My digs mates Nick and Bret cook woderful looking and smelling dishes, but i always insist on cooking for myself. This usually includes toast, more toast, and another piece of toast. Toast for breakfast (because it's easy, cheap and fast), toast for lunch - with cup of soup thrown in to inhance the flavour, and ... usually a bowl of microwaved vegetables with tuna for diner. My uncle once said something to me that stuck. He said "Poeple should eat to live and not live to eat." If i lived to eat, i suppose life would be quite plain. Like bread is! This is my older sister who is way capable in her kitchen. In some ways i think that i should start taking tips, but then i think about it, and toasted sandwiches and veggies really are healthy enough on their own. My digs mates really do cook healthy meals for themselves. They impress me because they've got things down - even cheese sauce! On a Monday, our kitchen looks like we are moving house, every dish possible is dirty! But, on Tuesdays we have a nanny called Tracey who keeps everything sterilised and good to go. During the weeks though, we all do our bits to keep our digs kitchen clean.

No comments: