Thursday, October 23, 2008

Adding the missing pieces of the puzzle 1: The bedroom

I have detailed the rumbling, rampaging and probing occurences of the bathroom and common room at res, but have failed to touch on the steamy, yet freaky activities of the bedroom.

I spent the first night of my first term at university wide-eyed. Covered in my blanket whilst in bed, I was kept awake by the screatching sounds of a female student reaching an orgasm. I heard the voices of some perplexed first years laughing in the narrow passage in my res, mystified at the cries of this female. I shed laughter myself, as I was astounded at the naughty thoughts I was getting in my head, and I came to an emphatic realisation that I was far away from home.
Noises by female acquiantances of some of my res mates have not been a rarity at night. I have come to two conclusions to these imposing noises:
1. They are a reminder to some of us sex-starved students of what we are missing out on; or
2. They are a constant ring to the warnings our parents gave us regarding thaaat three letter word.

My bedroom at res is also my form of privacy, which I do not enjoy in the other areas at res. In my room, I can do things I would never do in public. I dance to songs which may not seem to be in my taste, I watch the occasional "chick-flick", which I attribute to me growing up with a cousin indulged in pop culture.

No comments: