Tuesday, October 14, 2008

O, thou art dull!

This weather Grahamstown is experiencing reminds of the typical English or Western European village TV series' I used to watch while growing up. The dark, misty, and wet settings of programes and movies such as Les Miserables, Oliver Twist have made me easily think that I am stranded in some dull, depressing England village.

I was under the impression that the heat of earlier last week was the beginning of summer, but that was emphatically changed by the mini-tornado
which struck our little town. O Grahamstown, thou art DULL!

The dullness of the town has taken its toll on my res as well, as it has been pretty quiet, despite a big weekend. The past weekend included the Awards Evening of my res, but I shall keep mum on the award I received. The evening was a great success, with many intoxicated bodies spreading across the dreaded New Street afterwards. I also went out, but was overwhelmed by all the drama at the party I attended... Have I not partied for such a long time!!!

The misty weather outside has also created that lazy atmosphere at res, and a steamy stinch across the passages. How can we enjoy a chill session in the common room with such conditions, and get in the mood to study? I HATE this weather!

Mpondz

No comments: