Saturday, October 4, 2008

Eish!

I am bracing myself for one of my most congested weeks this year! I have so much to do, but my mind does not seem to be agreeing to my heavy workload... I am bloody lazy today!

I have been stuck in my room for most of the day, attempting to read the intimidating book I have to write about for my History essay, and I haven't got too far with that. I also have an English essay due next Friday, along with my History essay, so I have to finish one of them this weekend. My frustrations have been erupted by a story I'm supposed to cover for Oppi Press, where my contact has not follwed up on his promise to email me my required information on time. There is also an awkwardly timed AGM I have to attend next Thursday night, which is usually my busiest night with the books during the week.

Well, I did not anticipate this burst of frustration, but this pretty much confirms that I am stressed. While writing this, I have also noticed a pattern. After a very stressful week for me, there is always an event which I am obliged to attend, which I'd say "de-stresses" me. I have noticed that the most stressful encounters for me this year have been followed by res functions such as the House braais, and the Perv Party, and this week is no different from the coincidences I have noted. My res is having its awards evening/ball next Saturday, and I have yet to organise a date - I'm so slack this year! I'm looking forward to that night, as it will be the perfect way to detox all the stress I sure will gain through the week, and am looking forward to seeing numerous awards being given to the characters of my res. I figure the res drunkard, the "slouch potato", and the shower singer are due major awards. That's how I see it atleast!

Mpondz

No comments: